Meet the Baccarat Rules
After the dealers, also known as croupiers, shuffle eight packs of cards and insert them into a box made of plastic (also known as making the shoe), the game of baccarat can commence. The participants in the game are you and the clients around the table, bet on either the Player’s hand or the Bank’s hand.
After the bets have been made two cards each hand is now dealt two cards, the player’s hand is the first one dealt two cards, for those who put their wager on the player’s hand, and the bank’s hand is now dealt the second two cards. As outlined in the rules below a third card can be drawn by either the player or bank.
Following the completion of dealing all the cards, the hand that wins is that with the total of points nearest to nine. The value of zero is attributed to tens, and cards with a sum of ten as well as picture cards. Cards with values of one through to nine are awarded their face values, and an ace is counted as one. The last digit solely is regarded when the card has two digits.
For example, when two cards are five and seven then the total is 12, thus only the two is considered, a king and seven equals seven. Even money is paid out to the bank and player bets, however, a five percent commission fee is incurred on all bets won by the banker. The banker does have a small edge on the way the cards are drawn. Eight to one is paid out to a bet on a tie hand.
The Baccarat Rules governing the drawing of a Third Card
- Assuming that on the first two cards the banker or player has totaled eight or nine, then neither can draw another card. The game is over and the resulting hand is known as a natural.
- The player’s hand can draw a third card if the player totals five or under.
- Assuming that no third card is drawn by the player then the banker’s hand stays on six or higher and he draws a third card on totaling five or under. On the other hand if the player does draw a third card then the question whether the bank draws a third too is governed by the rules below.
- Regardless of the player’s third card, the banker draws a card if he or she totals two or under.
- The bank draws a third card if it totals three, providing that the player’s third card was not an eight.
- Assuming that the banker totals four then he takes a third card providing that the player’s third card was not a nine, eight, one or zero.
- Providing that the player’s third card was a seven, six, five or four, then the bank draws a third card if it totals five.
- If the player’s third card was a seven or six, and the bank’s total is six then the bank draws a third card.
- The bank stands if its total is seven.
You don’t have to remember all bacarrat rules by hear in order to play, you carry them out instinctively, and only very rarely are errors made and they can speedily be put right. Don’t get mixed up with the player’s hand or the casino bank for you are a player. In your capacity as player you may place a wager on whichever hand you wish. The bacarrat rules refer to both the Big and Mini tables.
The Rules governing Betting in Baccarat
When playing baccarat you have three options for placing bets
- You can place a bet on the player’s hand
- You can place a bet on the banker’s hand
- You can place a bet on a tie
A bet of any sum can be placed ranging from the table maximum down to the table minimum.
Placing Bets on the Player’s Hand
You can place a bet on the player’s hand by putting your gaming chips in the area of the player facing you.
If at the end of the round, following the completion of drawing cards and dealing, the player’s hand is higher than the banker’s you win the bet. You do not have to pay any commission in this instance, and you get paid even money. In this case 1.29 percent is the house edge.
Placing bets on the Banker’s Hand
You bet on the banker’s hand by putting your gaming chips in the banker’s area facing you.
If at the end of the round the banker’s hand is higher than the player’s hand then you win the bet. You have to pay the regular five percent commission charge on the winning sum in this instance, and you get paid even money.
The dealer doesn’t take up the vigorish following the completion of each round so that the game won’t lose its momentum. He makes a note of the players’ commission debts and pays out even money to bets won by the banker. The dealer takes the total commission after having finished the shoe, or when a player decides to exit prior to the end of the shoe.
The casino has a 1.01 percent edge when you place a bet on the banker’s hand. This percentage is one of the casino’s smallest house edges.
Placing bets on a Tie
You have to put your gaming chips in the tie place or on the number matching your seat number if you wish to place a tie bet. There is no commission charge for tie bets and they pay eight to one.
Wagers put on the banker or player are restored if a tie takes place, however you are permitted to keep them on the area of the bets for the coming round or the bet can be raised or lowered. As the house edge with a tie bet is 15.75 percent it is considered baccarat’s worse wager.