American roulette betting table
American roulette (“double zero”) rules
The search for the best online roulette games. The best online roulette games that you could ever hope to play in and the best prizes and biggest pay outs are to be found in the reliable and honest online casinos. You need look no further, here is where you will find the best American roulette and European roulette games anywhere on the net. When you play in the reliable online roulette games, you can be sure that you are in for great roulette games and big winnings.
American Roulette is another online casino game that appears complicated when you first take a look at a roulette table, but a short introduction to roulette is all that’s needed to show that roulette is a simple, interesting and intriguing game.
There are two popular variations of the roulette game that have minor but important differences. This guide describes the American Roulette(“Double zero”) . You can read about European Roulette here.
A roulette table has a spinning wheel with 38 slots or pockets. The pockets are numbered from 1 to 36 and colored red or black. Two special pockets, ”zero” and ”double zero”, are green. Players bet on a condition or a number of conditions that the round will end with. The roulette wheel is spun and a ball is thrown into it against the direction of spinning. When the ball settles down and comes to rest in a pocket, the number on the pocket that has caught the ball wins. All pockets are identical and the numbers are arranged for even distribution by value, color, high or low and odd or even so the ball has an equal chance of ending up in any of them.
The seemingly complicated part of roulette is the betting, but in reality it’s very easy to understand. The betting table consists of two parts, the ‘Inside’ and the ‘Outside’ bets, which refer to the betting layout on the table which has a frame around the numbers inside, and the betting square outside the frame. Placing a bet on the inside part is called inside betting and placing a bet on the outside part is called outside betting. Online casino games always have a helpful manual that you can refer to during the game if you forgot the meaning of a bet.
Roulette tables have composite minimum and maximum table limits. Players are not otherwise limited in betting. Freedom of making choices is what makes the roulette especially attractive. Other than betting, there are no choices that a player can perform. Once the bets are placed and the wheel has been spun the game resolves itself as there are no more decisions for the players to make.
American Roulette Betting Table: Inside bets
When betting on the inside, a player is required to make bets that at least add up to the table minimum.
The table is comprised of colored squares marked with red and black, and from 1 to 36. Zero and double zero are the other two green squares of the inside table.
Different combinations of bets are available on the inside table. Combinations are only valid within the inner table. Here is the list:
- “Straight up bet” – a bet on a single number. The payoff is 35 to 1.
- “Split bet” – allows you to place a bet (a casino chip) on two adjacent squares. The payoff is 17 to 1.
- “Street bet” – allows you to bet on a row (that is three numbers). Consequently your chip must be placed on the outer edge of the row. Street bets pay 11 to 1.
- “Line bet” – allows you to make two street bets – six numbers – and pays 5 to 1.
- “Corner bet” – allows you to place your bet on four adjacent squares. Corner bets pay 8 to 1.
- “Five bet” – a bet that allows you to bet on 0, 00, 1 2 and 3. You do this by placing your chip on the boundary line of the roulette table where the line dividing the two rows intersects it. Such type of bet pays 6 to 1. Notice that it is specific to American Roulette games as there is no double zero in European Roulette.
American Roulette Betting Table: Outside Bets
When betting on the outside, every single bet a player makes must at least match the table minimum.
Outside bets do not cover zeros. Online casinos don’t normally offer the surrender rule so we will not describe them here.
The outside is comprised from a number of betting conditions:
- “Dozens” – three squares that represents outcomes from 1 to 12, 13 o 24 and 25 to 36. This is a double bet – it pays off 2 to 1
- “High and low” – two squares for the bottom half of the numbers (1 to 18 and 19 to 36). This is an even bet as it pays off 1 to 1
- “Colors” – two squares for red and black outcomes. This is an even bet.
- “Odd or even” – two squares representing odd and even outcomes respectively. This is also an even bet.
- “Columns” – three squares at the bottom of the inside table number columns. Columns usually have “2:1” written inside the square. With them you can bet on an entire column of numbers. This is a double bet – it pays 2 to 1.